This Sunday’s PechaKucha Vol. 6 (11/24) has the theme of “Building Hiroshima.” Join us to listen to interesting, short talks by 10 passionate Hiroshima people. In the group, there are designers, architects, creators, community organizers and entertainers who are actively making Hiroshima a more interesting and exciting place to live, work and visit.
What is PechaKucha?
Devised in Tokyo back in 2003 by Klein Dytham Architecture as an event for young designers to meet, network, and show their work in public, PechaKucha Nights have turned into massive phenomenon, with events happening in 700 cities around the world, inspiring creatives worldwide. Drawing its name from the Japanese term for the sound of conversation (“chit chat”), it rests on a simple presentation format: 20 images x 20 seconds. This format keeps each presentation at a short & sweet 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
PKN Hiroshima started with two events in 2011-2012. This year has picked up the pace as this is PKN Hiroshima Vol. 6 (the 4th this year) organized by Hiroshima residents Mendel Jonkers, Florence Smith, and Koji Shinoto.
Where & When?
- PKN Hiroshima Vol. 6 will be held at the stylish Suzu Cafe -located on the Shinkansen (North) side of Hiroshima station (2F Sheraton Hotel building).
- Doors will open at 8PM and the event will begin at 8:30PM.
- There is a 1000 yen entry fee. Drinks and food will be available for 500 yen.
- Naoki Fujimoto “KULUSKA” _____ FAB LAB
- Umberto Caiafa “Stucco Italiano” _____ Italian Fresco Artist
- Ryosuke Matsui “Kisuke Design” _____ Shop Design
- Kuniaki Toda _____ Kagura
- Saemi Kitamura _____ Music/DJ
- Jiro Kumagae “Dove “ _____ Sports Entertainment
- Junpei Hirao “ひろしまじん大学” _____ Hiroshima Jin Daigaku
- Yoshiko Yoshimura “LIM Lighting Design” _____ Lighting Design
- Bunzo Ogawa “Future Studio” _____ Architecture
- Paul Walsh “GetHiroshima” _____GetHiroshima.com
Keep up-to-date with PechaKucha Hiroshima on Facebook