Hiroshima City now provides free online access in several of its facilities. The service, which offers on the spot registration and access, has begun in 7 locations, including the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum. City officials are actively seeking other businesses and organizations to join the service and promote wider free public WiFi in the city. Getting online is very simple as you only have to enter your name and email address, and there are instructions in English, Korean and simplified Chinese (as well as Japanese).
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
- Tourist Information Center, JR Hiroshima Station (South Exit Underground Plaza)
- International Conference Center International Exchange Lounge
- Hiroshima City Museum of Contemporary Art
- Kyunichigin Former Bank of Japan, Hiroshima Branch
- Aster Plaza
- Hiroshima City Cultural Exchange Hall (Bunka Koryu Kaikan)
To get online
- Turn on the WiFi option in the settings of your mobile device
- Select SSID “Hiroshima_Free_Wi-Fi”
- Agree to the terms of service
- Enter your name and email address
- The official tourism website “Hiroshima Navigator” will open and you can visit any other site from there
Usage is limited to 30 minute blocks, but you can log on as many times as you like and re-registration is not required for 2 weeks.
Download Hiroshima City Free WiFi Guide [pdf file]