write up of a couple of years ago Sofie Ivan Andersen didn’t even mention these events in the forecourt of Sakakiyama Shrine.
We were inspired by her article and had a wonderful day. Kumano Fude Matsuri is a festival everyone should try to experience at least once during their time in Hiroshima.
Higanbune spinning madness
- Read about the Fude Matsuri here.
- Read about Kumano Fude Matsuri on JapanTourist here.
- See photos from the Fude Matsuri here.
- The official Fude Matsuri site is here (Japanese only, but some nice photos).
- If you are interested in brush manufacture and calligraphy you might enjoy a visit to the Fude-no-sato-kobo (Brush Pen Studio)