- This event has passed.
Cherry blossoms illuminated at Shukkei-en Garden
March 22 - April 1Standard garden admission fee
Shukkei-en Garden has many different kinds of cherry trees which explode with color when in blossom.
Last year’s annual night time light up of the cherry blossoms was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic, but we are pleased to say that the event will go ahead – though COVID-19 prevention measures in place – this year.
March 22-March 31 17:00-21:00 (final admission at 20:30)
April 1 18:00-21:00 (final admission at 20:30)
*The garden will be open during the day, but will close for a short time to prepare for the night time opening (daytime visitors can use their ticket to enter after dark).
2021 COVID-19 Precautions
- Admission to the garden will be via the ground floor of the Prefectural Art Museum.
- Visitors are asked to proceed around the garden one-way.
- The garden’s main gate will serve as the exit.
- Admission may be limited depending on how crowded the garden becomes.
- Please cooperate with having your temperature checked on admission.
- Please wear face coverings (anyone without a mask will be refused admission).
- Please use supplied hand sanitizer.
- Please use Hiroshima Prefecture’s Corona Report QR System or cooperate with supplying contact information.
- Please refrain from bringing food and drink into the garden.
- Please avoid speaking loudly.
- Please observe social distancing etiquette (1m separation recommended).
See photos of the illuminated cherry blossoms at Shukkei-en here.