- This event has passed.
Halloween Family Scavenger Hunt
October 31 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
This usual Trick or Treat by Hiroshima Castle has been cancelled this year due to COVID-19. In its place, however, this year there will be an outdoor scavenger hunt on Saturday, October 31.
- Open to all children from infants through elementary school – if they are with a responsible adult who can take photos.
- The scavenger hunt will start at the usual meeting spot near Hiroshima Castle.
- It will run from 4PM until 7PM. All locations are outdoors, in public spaces.
- Each group must have responsible adults with them.
- You can choose your own group. Your group can be very small – just your family, or a bit bigger – a group of friends. This is your choice on how to keep distant and what you are comfortable with.
- Every group will be given tasks to complete (usually photographs near an object. As an example “Take a picture of your group with a pumpkin.”).
- Tasks will be published in easy English.
- All tasks will be posted on the Hiroshima Kids Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2020 Facebook Page (please join the page before October 31).
- Post your photographs there to show that you completed the tasks.
- You do not have to complete every single task – but try to do as many as possible.
- Pictures should be taken outdoors – there are no tasks that require you to enter any private spaces, including shops or restaurants. If you want photographs with any people not in your group, please ask them for permission.
- Please be polite and friendly towards others.
- Costumes are encouraged, but not required; however masks are required when the group is together.
- There will be a prize for every group up to the first seventy five or so children.