- This event has passed.
Hiroshima Philosophy Café: What is it to feel safe?
September 10, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm¥1000
One of the most important condition for our lives is to not be frightened, for your own and your family’s life, wellness and properties. Regardless of the institutions and systems in place to protect your safety, lots of people, including children, suffer from poverty, disease and violence at home and outside. Are you blessed with safety? When do you feel “safe”?
The dialogue facilitator is Narifumi NAKAOKA, with many years experience in philosophical dialogue facilitation, including ground-breaking dialogues between Japanese and American high school students in Iwakuni’s U.S base.
- Language: Primarily English
- Charge: ¥1000 (includes a drink)
- How to RSVP: Email to; [email protected] / FB page message
- Capacity: 10 people
- Facilitator: Narifumi NAKAOKA (Philosophical Counseling Oncolo)
What is “Philosophy Café”?
It is a way to enjoy questioning and exploring our subconscious beliefs, stereotypes, ideas and assumptions, not in the form of an argument, rather by listening to and questioning opposing opinions. In the “Hiroshima Philosophy Café”, people living in Hiroshima and tourists from a variety of countries enjoy a dialogue in English. In the spirit of peace and sharing we invite you to join us for a 2 hour dialogue experience in Hiroshima.
- Please keep your RSVP as up-to-date as possible, even if it is on the day of the gathering.
- Please try to be on time.