Nowadays, you can book most things online for international travel cheaper than you can get from many shops, but if you have special requests or want more flexibility than online booking allows, these local agents can offer great, personal and quick services. These companies are indispensable if you are looking to book domestic flights, trains, bus, ferry or travel hotel or overnight packages or tours in English (or in easier Japanese). We have personally used all of the following companies and recommend them highly. They appear below in alphabetical order.
- IACE : Since the 1970s the International Association for Cultural Exchange has been planning vacations and arranging all kinds of discounted airline tickets for families and individuals both in Japan and USA. ENGLISH website & e-mail in english ok: firstname.lastname@example.org Located above toy and game shop/Shareo, in the MIDI bld. along main tram st. (AIOI-dori) also on the GetHiroshima Map. Mon-Sat 10:00-19 (~17 sat) Tel: 082-240-2051 (Bank transfers or cash preferred, but Credit cards also ok)
- HIS: popular budget bookings popular with young customers more interested in the bottom line than excellent customer service although well-trained multilingual staff are very efficient. Kamiyacho shop (JP). (Cash or Bank Transfers preferred for ticket payment)
- JTB: Highest quality service for slightly higher prices, website is only in Japanese, but there are usually staff who can speak English at the shops. Small shop opposite the Hiroshima train stn, above Shareo Starbucks. (Credit cards ok)
- Tabi-kan (+Tully’s coffee shop)- not far from the YMCA, off the main tram street (Aioi dori) is a useful little travel company that has some English speaking staff, very efficient & you can enjoy a Tully’s coffee while you wait. (Credit cards ok)
- Travel With: Open everyday except Wed, next to Parco on Hondori. AG Tanaka speaks excellent English + works hard to find best prices for intl. + domestic travel. (082) 544-7718 (Credit cards ok)
Online bookings for flights originating from Japan: