Kid-0-Kid and is probably most interesting for littler kids, although older siblings or friends might also enjoy 30 minutes to an hour of play with the younger ones in the group. Free play area and toys out in front of the shop to play with make the whole area of the department store a lot more fun for kids to go shopping.
In front of the play area, there is a creative and fun BorneLund toy shop. On most days, they put toys out in front of the shop that kids can play with for free. There are also many creative, colorful and fun toys to try inside the shop. BorneLund also built the train and outdoor play area. You can easily find it in the Pacela-Cred department store next to the Rihga Royal hotel and opposite the Kencho city offices.
The department store only opens at 10am, but I would recommend being there right when the doors open if you want to enjoy time in the Kid-O-Kid area without too many other kids around. That said, the staff do limit numbers and do not allow for too many kids and parents to be let in at any one time. There are really helpful and friendly staff inside to help your kid play with the many fun toys and activities, but they do ask that at least one parent stays with their kid or kids inside to help maintain order and help watch out for accidents or rough play.
There is a ball pool, a long bouncy mattress to jump on, a few medium sized climbing “jungles”, rolling fun inside of giant blown up plastic tires, building play in the “carpenter’s shop”, shopping and cooking areas, a baby play area, dolls and dress up areas and more. They have fit a lot of fun, colorful and high-quality toys into a nice sized area right in the middle of a busy department store. Our 11 year old was still able to enjoy playing with his younger sister and building trucks and cars with her, throwing balls at the targets and rolling around in the giant tires. However, I would say the perfect ages to enjoy this play area is for kids anywhere from 6 months to 9 years old. The 10-12 year olds at the end of elementary school still might find it interesting the first time and when playing with younger friends or siblings, but there are less to keep them as interested as the younger ones.
There are lockers available for free to keep bags, drinks machine inside (but toilets are outside). Pictures and video are allowed inside. Credit cards are accepted and parking discounts are given if you use the Motomachi-Cred parking structure in the basement levels (no high roof car access).
- Kids (all ages) ¥600 yen for the first 30 minutes and ¥100 for each additional 10 minutes.
- Adults pay ¥300 to get in and sit and watch (unfortunately no adult play areas here)
- During the summer months (7/20-9/1) you can buy a “Free Pass” to enter as often as you like for 1 day: ¥1,500 or 1 month: ¥4,200 for 1 child or ¥3,500 if registering more than one child in a family at the same time. (Parents can enter for free if using a “free pass”)
BorneLund Play Area in Pacela ボーネルンド あそびのせかい 広島パセーラ店
- Kid-O-Kid Play Area Open: 10-19:00 everyday (sign in by 18:30)
- Shop: 10-20
- Tel: 082-502-3434 (shop: 502-3411)
- Address: 6F Pacela, Motomachi Credo 6-78, Motomachi, Naka-ku Hiroshima city: 広島県広島市中区基町6-78 基町クレド・パセーラ 6F
- URL: http://www.bornelund.co.jp/