World Igloo Building Championships
Creative and speed building divisions in this fun, but quite hard day at Osorakan Ski Resort.
Get together a team of 4 to 6 people over 6 years old to enter either the 20 minutes speed building contest or the more elaborate artistic category. The ¥5000 per team entry fee includes a free bus between Hiroshima and Osorakan.
- 06:30-06:55 Registration at Hiroshima Station (Shinkansen side)
- 07:00 Free shuttle bus departs Hiroshima Station
- 07:30 Rest stop at Togouchi I.C.
- 09:00 Arive at Osorakan event site.
- 10:00-10:30 Opening ceremony
- 10:40-11:00 Explanation
- 12:00 Competition starts
- 12:20 Speed category finishes
- 12:35-12:55 Speed building awards
- 15:20 Artistic category finishes
- 15:50-16:20 Artistic building awards and closing ceremony
- 17:00 Microbus service to free return bus leaves rest house.
- 18:20 Rest stop at Togouchi IC
- 19:20 Free shuttle bus rrives at Hiroshima Station.
See our report from the inaugural champs in 2013 here.
Lots more details and entry forms on the official website here.