- This event has passed.
Mantō Mitama Matsurii
May 27 - May 28| Free
Two days of events and commemorations at Hiroshima’s shrine to the war dead, Gokuku-jinja, which is decorated with lanterns.
Saturday, May 27
- 18:00 Manto-mitama ceremony.he main Shrine Hall
- 19:00 Around 100 women dressed as shrine maidens perform Enmusubi-no-miko-odori dances in the forecourt
- Followed by Miko-mai dance by full time shrine maidens
- Possibly other performances
- Lantern lit dances by the maidens for the day finale before things finish at 9pm
For more on the Saturday night festivities, photos and video click here.
Sunday, May 28
- 10:00 Elementary school aged boys and girls compete in sumo contests in the shrine building.
- 18:00 Manto-mitama ceremony.
- 19:00 Kagura dance performances.