Kumano Fude Matsuri
It’s all about the calligraphy (and, more recently, make up) brushes at this festival which celebrates Kumano’s claim to fame. One of our favorite days out in autumn.
- Read about the Fude Matsuri here.
- Read about Kumano Fude Matsuri in the JapanTimes here.
- See photos from the Fude Matsuri here.
- See videos from the Fude Matsuri here
- The official Fude Matsuri site is here (Japanese only, but some nice photos).
- If you are interested in brush manufacture and calligraphy you might enjoy a visit to the Fude-no-sato-kobo (Brush Pen Studio)